From staff and press reports
The EF-4 tornado that ripped through Winston County on April 28 claimed the lives of 10 Winston Countians.
The last victim, Tyler Tucker, 8, was found about one third of a mile from his home and about 200 yards north of his mother in a wooded area near Hwy 397.
The other confirmed dead by Winston County officials were:
- Katherine Ferguson, 55, who was found in the rural community of Plattsburg southwest of Louisville.
- Ruth Bennett, 53, who died at the daycare center she operated at Louisville, Ruth’s Child Care Center.
- Dora Triplett, 64, who was found on Eiland Avenue in Louisville.
- Gregory Jernigan, 60, who was found at the Eiland Plaza Apartments in Louisville.
- Sarah Massey, 85, who was found near Evergreen Road.
- Jerry Carter, 61, who was found injured on Eiland Avenue and died later at the University Medical Center in Jackson.
- Leonard Carter, 38, who was found at the Eiland Plaza Apartments in Louisville.
- Shawn Fowler, 44, who was found blown into a wooded area about one third mile from his Louisville home which was destroyed by the tornado. He was near his wife, Terri Tucker, 31, and son, Tyler Tucker, 8.