From staff and press reports
The Louisville Board of Aldermen held their public budget hearing Tuesday, August 6.
Louisville Mayor Will Hill noted that each aldermen had been provided with a budget worksheet to review and discussed possible expenditures not spend in previous years.
Mayor Hill added that he hoped to have the aldermen approve a working budget by Sept. 1 ahead of the Sept. 15 deadline.
The board also scheduled an August 13 meeting to work on other parts of the budget.
The August 13 meeting was set to cover approving removal of some hangers at the airport in order to begin the construction of the newly funded terminal.
In other business during the August 6 meeting:
• Tabled rental property ordinance after discussions.
• Approved fund request for Louisville Railcar project work.
• Reviewed complaint from Lisa Holloway on accident report.
• Approved docket of claims in the amount of $136,960.
• Approved Mayor to enforce ordinance on utility companies street repair requirements after digging.
• Discussed creating a city zoning map.
• Approved budget transfers.
The next regular meeting is August 20 at 5:30 p.m. following the recessed August 13 meeting that was scheduled after press time.