Jesus said THREE times, “If you love me, feed my sheep.” John 21
Backpacks of Hope is an ecumenical effort to ensure that none of our kids go hungry in Winston County.
Many thanks to all the people and places who have donated food, money & time to send weekend home with almost 100 children that our schools identified as food insecure. Each Backpack of Hope contains 2 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners, and 4 snacks.
We are so grateful for all these churches who’ve come together as the Body of Christ to feed our lambs: Bethany Presbyterian, Beth-Eden Lutheran, Calvary Baptist, East Louisville Baptist, First United Methodist Church & Youth, Mars Hill Baptist, Mount Moriah Baptist, Noxapater UMC, Pleasant Ridge Missionary Baptist, Poplar Flats Baptist WMU, Rocky Hill UMC, Sacred Heart Catholic Church, Noxapater United Methodist Church, Wess Chapel Baptist Hope Circle, & Whitehall UMC! We also give thanks for AARP, Jobs for MS Graduates at Louisville High School, & the Woodmen of the World, as well as other dedicated people in our community,
Let’s finish the school year strong, here’s how you can BE THE GOOD and be a part of something good for our kids:
- A $5 donation sends weekend food home with one child;
- A $20 donation sends weekend food home for a month;
- Sign up to pack the backpacks-only takes 45 minutes!
- Take up food donations at your church, civic club or place of employment:
- Meal cups–Chef Boyardee cups, hamburger cheeseburger mac packets, Hormel Compleats, Easy Mac
- Ramen noodles
- Vienna sausage
- Veggie cups
- Fruit cups
- Small jars of peanut butter • Raisins
- Cereal (single serve boxes)
- Instant Oatmeal
- Fruit juice boxes (100% juice)
- Individually wrapped snack items – snack crackers, granola bars,
To make donations, sign up to pack or for more information, please contact Debra Childs at FUMC 662.773.8065 or Pastor Stacey Parvin 662.694.1619