News of the Past

C.J. Johnson, who has deep genealogical roots to Winston County, provides news from past editions of the Winston County Journal.

100 Years Ago – June 19, 1914

FRONT PAGE: The Board of Supervisors at the last meeting exchanged a small lot owned by the county next to Newson’s grocery, for a double brick house to be erected in the southeast corner of the Court House yard to be used as a public toilet. The toilet house is to be