From press and staff reports
The Town of Noxapater held a swearing-in ceremony during a regular first monthly meeting moved to Wednesday, July 5 due to the the fourth of July holiday.
The board all began new terms for five aldermen and Mayor Sammy Carter.
All five aldermen will serve another four-year term. The aldermen are: Chris Wells, Lana Deese, Tommy Bartholomew, Brian Burrage, and Robert Wall. Noxapater Mayor Sammy Carter also took the oath of office.
Municipal Judge David Wilson gave the oath to the 6 elected officials.
The Noxapater officials in the July 5 meeting discussed:
• A memorandum of agreement with the City of Louisville and Winston County on Brownfield assessments from the EPA.
• Discussed Kids Day in the Park on August 5 sponsored by Shondrice Lampley.
• Reviewed the Public Service Commission Report on the town’s water supply. Received an update on the water well. Discussed selecting a Bond attorney for the Rural Development Loan.
• Examined the 2016-2017 revised budget.
• Approved the voting delegates for the Mississippi Municipal League.
• Rehired all town’s employees.
• Approved the previous meeting minutes.
• Approved the financial statement.
• Approved paying bills for the month.