From staff reports
In the December 10 Louisville Municipal School board meeting, the members along with Superintendent Ken McMullan recognized Louisville High School Coach M. C. Miller for the teams championship season.
McMullan read a proclamation recognizing the team and Miller along with all the coaching staff. McMullan also rewarded Miller with several cases of toothpicks. McMullan noted that he figured up that the boxes contained about 13 years of the signature toothpick.
Board president Cathy Edwards noted, “We appreciate the discipline of the team.”
Coach Miller thanked the board and “their faith” in him and the team. Her reminded the board that the team is presently working on raising funds for the championship rings and on a winning season next year.
In other business, the trustees:
• Noted the meeting would be the last for Claire Crowell whose extended term will end in January.
• Discussed and approved the financial reports for the month noting that down $897,000 in collections compared to last year. Tracy Luke, financial director, noted that they were hoping collections would bounce back in January.
• Discussed the new accreditation standard model coming up for all school districts in the state. Penny Hill, director of Curriculum, reviewed pretesting data and where students rated in each area.
• Discussed revisions needed to the school board policies provided by the MSBA as well as the district’s old policies. The board set a January 7 work session to review and correct all policies.
• Discussed the sale of the properties proposed in an earlier meeting. The properties are presently being appraised and all details verified for the sale of the properties.
• Held executive session on Personnel, student transfer, and student issues.
The next regular meeting is set for January 14 at 5:30 p.m.