From press reports
The Town & Country Garden Club met May 15, 2013 in the lovely home of Mrs. Dot DePriest with Mrs. Noneine Keen as co-hostess. We welcomed a guest, Mrs. Virginia Stone, from Birmingham.. We enjoyed a Potluck luncheon. Roll call was answered and Mrs. Dale Shumaker gave the treasurer’s report .
The design for the month was brought by Mrs. Shirley Hawkins. It was a lovely arrange of ivy, hydrangea leaves, yarrow, spider wart and a pink rose.
President Moody then as about any old or new business:
1. The District Workshop will be in Laurel, Mississippi June 5. Everyone who is going must meet
At the Firest Baptist Church and 7 AM. The member attending will be Noneine Keen, Frances Ball,
Dale Shumaker, Sandra Culwell, Debbie Moody.
2. Mrs. Elaine Thompson reported the our club and an award from the National Garden Club on the
Blue Star Memorial and that our yearbook placed second in the state. Debbie Moody ‘s design from the State Flower Show is in the National Calander.
3. We will be responsible for the arrangements in the Library for the month of August. Volunteers are:
8/5 – Elaine Thompson, 8/12 – Sandra Culwell, 8/19 – Debbie Moody, 8/26 – Dot Depriest.
4. We had a nice thank you note from Beth at the Library for decorating for the Official’s luncheon.
5. There will be a Nature Walk at Legion State Park on June 3, 8:30.
6. Mrs. Frances Pierce, Garden Therapy, set out wave petunia and reset begonias near the sign at the Beehive.
We then had the installation ceremony . The new officers are: President, Sandra Culwell; Vice-President, Marie Shaw; Dale Shumaker, Treasurer; Parlimentarian, Elaine Thompson; Historian, Bobbye Mills.
We then had our annually plant swap and the meeting adjourned.